Friday, June 5, 2009

Chef Valerie'S RISOTTO with SAFFRON

As I was strolling through the lanes of Jusco's food section, I came across the Western food lane. I remembered to stock up my fussilli and while going through all the brands and prices, my eyes caught up with packets of Risotto. With extreme curiosity, I bought a packet for trial. It was a lazy morning as usual - Thursday. I decided to cook the long bought Risotto that was lying on my dinning room table. As I open the packet, there were rice and yellowish powder which is covering parts of the rice.

With the instruction, i tried to add the water and poured half of the rice into the pan. The water started to simmer but it took quite some time for the risotto to be well cooked. As this was the first time I tried to cook Risotto, it was counted as a blessing that the Risotto was well cooked and the additional cheese sausages and eggs truly add the flavors of the Risotto to another level. Hehe... maybe got a bit exaggerate but it's really nice! It reminded me when Sis ordered the seafood Risotto in Amsterdam during our spring trip and it's snowing that time.

3 comments:

Shien Long said...

When can cook for Me and Alisa??? Have to make booking???

Valerie said...

Muahaha... Can can... but not really good at it. Sometimes cook until the rice not cook haha

Shien Long said...

hehehe...everytime i look at the last pic...i will go hungry...even when I'm full!

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Inspiration © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness