Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jiu Zai Gou -extraordinary landscape

As promise that I'll update my blog regarding Jiu Zai Gou this weekend, although it's closed to the ending of the long weekend. Below are some of my favourite shots that I came across. Jiu Zai Gou is best to be visited during September and October, during the autumn season. The colourful leaves of autumn ranging from green, yellow, orange and brown. We were fortunate as the days before we reached, it was raining. The sun greeted us happily that faithful morning. The view was spectacular not letting us down with such long flight to reached to the mountain.

During the flight from Cheng Du to Jiu Zai Gou, the trip was tiring as our flight was delay due to the heavy mist and it's a norm to the local that the flight is expected to be delayed. We were waiting in the plane for nearly an hour before take off. The flight was bumpy due to the unstable air pressure, but the view from the plane was magnificent. Jiu Zai Gou is famous for its breathtaking landscape, gigantic waterfalls and mirror image of the landscape through it's colourful water which contributes by different minerals beneath. Jiu Zai Gou mainly populated by tibetans. Their colourful culture and totally different taste of food really is a new experience. Pst* they drink a lot as well! Truly heart warming and friendly people.

View from plane




Landscape in Jiu Zai Gou






































More photos of the trip in my flickr.

11 comments:

gnustiy said...

fulamak! another level liao...the photos got FU...

Valerie said...

really?? thanks thanks... :)

junfei said...

walan eh!!! the photos leng daooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

yeng ar!!!! u over take kelvin liao!!
i like the photos super a lot much! can share me the original size photo onot???

Valerie said...

Can... No problem... Sorry for the late reply.

Valerie said...

It's the scenery which is superb... I can't stop clicking when I was there.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It reminds me of my trip to Jiuzhaigou. Agree with you that the best time to visit is during autumn. Sep is definitely too early to see the autumn colours. I was there on 23/24 Oct 04 but even then, the colours had not turned red yet. So, for those who wish to see the autmnn colours, end Oct would be a better time. BTW, when did you visit this place?
- Regards, Anthony.

Valerie said...

Hi Anthony,

I visited the place end of Oct, around 29th. I was fortunate that the weather was sunny during my shooting. Later in the evening, it began to rain. The next day, we even saw snow. You also DSLR user? Let me know if you have a blog, I can visit it.

regards, valerie

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,
I particularly like your #9 image (五花海)here. Very colourful and beautifully taken by you! I only had a P&S camera when I was there in 2004 and with no knowledge of photography, I was not able to capture the beauty of Jiuzhaigou. I bought my 1st DSLR (a beginner Canon 400D) in July 2007. I love nature and do alot of macro shooting since then. Some of my photos are uploaded here. Please feel free to critique and comments.

http://sayhitoant.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anthonyquek/

I hope to learn landscape & portrait photography in the near future.

Regards,
Anthony.

Valerie said...

Hi Anthony,

I'll go and take a look! I'm also a new learner myself. Just got my camera in Aug'09.

Enjoy the photos!

Valerie

Shien Long said...

stunning photos...you should submit some for contest...or sell it as stock photos

Valerie said...

can meh? Go where sell oh? Hehehe...

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Inspiration © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness