Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bon Odori 2009 @ Esplanade Penang



Before heading to Bon Odori, I was hungry once we reach esplanade. As we didn't know whether the food stalls already open, so we went to a nearby food court to get some food. The food wasn't good but I found the pics are great!

The forever photogenic Chee Ang and smiling Eng Lee

This is my first adventure to Bon Odori. Yeah you got me right... ADVENTURE. It was near to 6pm which the event was scheduled to be starting, the crowd had already start to pour in the food stalls as well as the field. The stage already start to have some announcement on the activity, stage performance as well as Dato' Lim Guan Eng's opening ceremony. Chee Ang, Stephanie and Eng Lee starts to head for the food stall to see what is on the table for the night. Kelvin as usual in the fastest speed gone with the wind... dunno where is he disappear to.

Found this little girl with her Pooh Fan is so cute so without hestitation, I take some quick snap on her gestures.




The crowd was ok during early of the event but later at night, the crowd was unbelievable. Kelvin had taken some nice shots using my camera as his batt was out.









After seeing the crowd, I can't escape from introducing some food that was sold there. There are plenty variety of sushi, ramen, korokke and not forgetting some local favourites. But the price are really expensive compared to the commercial price.

Eden Gypsy Chicken


Okonomiyaki - Japanese Seafood Pancake




Fatty loh's Chicken Rice actually cost RM 7!!


Sushi and heaps of sushi...

After all the food, the center of attention for Bon Odori is all the sight of young and old wearing the yukata to celebrate the event. Colourful and pretty yukata had made the event even more meaningful and a memorable experience. Small kids had become my target as they look so cute n pretty in yukata.










One of my fav photo from the bunch...


As japan had started a trend with Cosplay, the Bon Odori event can't missed out there either! The sight of Cosplay fans started to flock to the event during the later of the night, Eng Lee and Kelvin's camera had already stressed out and just left mine. I had to take up the duty to snap, snap and snap hehe...




Last but not least one of the main purpose of heading to Bon Odori is the fireworks. This was the nearest I had came across the fireworks which is pumping loud from above. I was directly under the fireworks location where I was facinated by the sight. Wanted to capture more photos but I had the urge to look at the fireworks as well. I guess photographer do indeed need to do some sacrificing to benefit others.









Ok. I guess that wraps up my adventure to my first Bon Odori event and not sure whether I'll be around for the next. Anyway, had a blast of the time with my buddies. Hope you guys and gals enjoy the event through the photos and can imagine the crowds and the happening activities. More photos available in my flickr under BON ODORI 2009. Can't wait for my next adventure. Hrm... any suggestion for nice photo spot?

9 comments:

Wilson said...

Nice photos .. I like the fireworks (^_^) ...
btw, it was stated on the Bon Odori poster :
No Cosplay allowed!!! :p

Valerie said...

THanks... haha... I guess that is why they came so late of the night... :)

Anonymous said...

ya the fireworks sui! (and so too is that bookworm)

ah i love bookworms.

-wc

Anonymous said...

for the record, i am in love wit only 1 bookworm :p

-wc

Valerie said...

Haha... yeah I know... :p

Shien Long said...

love the crop on your cover photo...beautiful. The fireworks, speechless, too beautiful for words :)

Valerie said...

Hehe.. thanks bro. I love the fireworks also.

joyce_l said...

Nice pics on the fireworks! :)
The wonders of DSLR huh....... *envy *envy

Valerie said...

It's time to buy joyce...

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Inspiration © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness