Sunday, July 19, 2009

More Jetty and Fort Cornwallis



Next stop, Tan Jetty and followed by Lee Jetty. As I stroll along the jetty, the different houses' style seems to potray every jetty's uniqueness. It is amazing on how these houses are preserve by the resident. The jetties are like the back to the past portal which brings visitors back to the 60s or 70s" kind of feeling when you lay sight on them.



Antique car that is well perserved parked by the roadside when I start heading to the next jetty. I took some interesting shots along the way which I learnt on different focusing can result different kind of shots.







The flower pics below I had done some post processing where I learnt to use Photoshop to create a black and white background. I did some additional tinting on the flower to bring out the beauty of the flower and the greenary. The right side is the original photo before the post processing.





After visiting 3 different jetty at 1 go, I start to head back to my next destination - Fort Cornwallis. I'm lucky to get a car park near to the entrance and I'm still embracing the hot and sunny weather after 2 days of rain. I saw a trishaw which symbolize Penang in a kind of way where the seats are in front compared to Melaka's which are placed side by side with the peddlar.



Here goes the journey into Fort Cornwallis... the entrance.



This was one of my fav from the bunch of photos that I took. I'm imagining if a bride was leaning against the wall in this shot, it'll be a pretty good pic. Any comments?


Some other shots in the fort. It's kind of disappointing and not to my expectation which I thought the fort would be. But still tried my best to take some of the fort's interior. The fort mainly have the history of Penang as well as when the British was taking over Malaya.









This is another shot where post processing was done, with the black and white background and put some attention to the antique lock which potrays the lock left by the british in the prison back then.


Ok! That's the end of my trip that day which lasts around 2 hours and I felt the heat when I get back to my car. I hope you guys enjoy the photos and stay tune for the next post when I get my phone line fixed. I'm currently blogging in Roti Bakar near USM.

Coming up ---- Bon Odori Festival, Penang

2 comments:

Shien Long said...

Composition - NICE! Colors - NICE! Post editing - NICE! Couldn't believe improve so much after you had your camera for only 1/2 mth!!! Great!

Valerie said...

Hehe... already 1/2 month. Time really flies when taking picture. It makes me happy also. That's one of the reason I get the SLR.

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Inspiration © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness