Monday, July 13, 2009

Chew Jetty

In accordance with Penang Governor's Birthday, we had a off today. I got up quite early as planned to go to Chew Jetty to take some sun rise photos. But the sky looked gloomy around 7AM, so I went back to sleep. Hehe... (maybe just an excuse not to wake up). But i still got up at 8 though, went for breakfast around 8:30 and back home around 9:30 to start for my trip to Chew Jetty.


The weather was good today after 2 days of consecutive rain. I blessed for the good weather with taking a trip down town to start my photo taking practise. Sifu Kelvin thought me to use RAW instead of JPEG format for better post process option. It was a good advice for newbie like me who dunno how to perfectly set the aperture and exposure. Here I share some shots that I had taken and hope that anyone can give some comments if you pass by my blog.


Found this statue at the temple in front of the road leading to Chew Jetty


This is one of the shots of dripping water from a leaky paip I saw outside one of the house

The path is build of planks and I pass by a hair saloon which looks really unique


This pic was taken when I was preparing to take the house on the background but a resident so coincident pass by and it make up a really good shot. I was very fortunate to came across some daily activities of the residents at Chew Jetty. The below is another shot that showed hard work is needed in order to survive in this world. This made me cherish even more on what I'm having and what I want to potray in my photos. Real scenarios which are really happening around us and appreciation for those who loved and cared.



This resident area are not lonely with all the lovely flowers. But I guess I won't be bored of taking flowers


At the end of the long path leading closer to the sea, boats are a common sight at Chew Jetty. A long stretch of boats fetching its owner to gather their source of income.



On the way out from Chew Jetty, the stall uncle was preparing his ingrediants to start his business at noon. I didn't wait much longer to see what he is selling and headed down to my next stop.

More photos are available in my flickr and don't hesitate to leave your advice and opinions. Really appreciate it!

My next stop coming up soon...

5 comments:

Shien Long said...

Major improvement! Colors are nice, composition is good too. Very good!

Gnu said...

I like the dripping water shot.

liannee said...

yeah.. i like that photo very much as well.. :)

Valerie said...

Soulmen: Morning easier to take photos compared to the low lights. Plus all my subject is moving hehe.
Gnu & liannee: Me too me too.... I really din expect the picture to come out that way.

Valerie said...

Hi Thinking, I'm a newbie in SLR. We can exchange some thoughts though. Regarding your question, I find it easier to take pics using RAW although the con will be it used up quite a lot of memory space. But it will have more flexibility when you want to do any post processing. For all the shots, I just set the ISO to around 100/200 and use the Aperture Mode. The raw file will allow you to change the white balance and exposure through your camera software. I had select the direct sunlight through the white balance option and adjust the exposure to the level I wanted. Thanks for stopping by. - Valerie

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Inspiration © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness