Saturday, August 8, 2009

Melaka Getaway

Last weekend took a break and went back home after nearly 2 months didn't get to go back. Melaka greeted me with a heavy downpour after an early breakfast. I brought my camera back home to catch some action in Melaka but the weather was hazy and not very healthy to run around too much. But we still have our lunch outside, dad say he'll bring me to a place that sell very good bbq pork. The shop is just beside Mahkota Parade and the char siew is indeed good.



Dinner was taken at my aunt's place and dear Natalie was there as well. She's such a cutie at around 3 months old. But she's really active la... keep on moving here and there hehe... I guess she is hungry as her mummy was away to heat up the milk. So, I'll need to take care of her for a moment but I can't control myself and start to snapping her pics haha. The pics below will show you she's such a cutie pie. :) I managed to catch a few of her expression though...







My beloved parents

Found this cute lil bottle amongst the rest of the liquor


My house also changed the old leather sofa which had start peeling off for quite a while already. The new seats sort of made my living hall looked like the lobby hehe... but my first impression of the seat totally changed when I start to take my naps for the 3 days I was at home. My impression was thinking the antic furniture will be too hard for my butt and I can't sit long on that. But to my surprise, I found it quite a nice and airy place to sleep compared to the old leather sofa.



This trip back to Melaka I was able to head to Jonker Walk for a spin and to my surprise there is getting lots and lots of changes in this long stretch of street. From the stalls to the crowd and not forgetting it's a Sunday. I took some photos although it is quite tough taking at night without an external flash. I still manage to capture some pics that is my personal favourite.



Weather in penang wasn't as promising either, with the swine flu getting worst as day past by, it's difficult to have an enjoyable adventure out town. I wanted to go to the Peranakan Mansion for quite some time but I guess need to postpond or depends on how's the weather today??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

why the baby's cheek got rashes har? Btw, your pix really make me regretted for not going to Jonker Street lar:p -gnu

Valerie said...

Haha... when baby taking her mum's milk then will have that rash one. It's normal. You should go one day, it's getting more and more happening with the s'pore series "Little nyonya"

joyce_l said...

The new sofa at ur home is Balinese style, cool!

Valerie said...

Yeah yeah... it came from indonesia one. :)

Shien Long said...

wah, got new sofa ar?!! i wanna go try while watching korean drama ;)

Valerie said...

haha...

Post a Comment

 

Valerie's Inspiration © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness